Monday 9 August 2010

Return from 'the 'Nam'

Here I am, back from the Essex MVT show relatively unscathed.
Apart from a fair few skeeter bites, I think I got off pretty well. Had a member of the group hurling everywhere, and a couple of the guys re-creating the scene from Platoon with Pot being Smoked through a Shotgun. I'm reliably told that the taste of gun oil improves the taste of Weed.

If you say so.

On to the post's main news, I've painted two models. Shock Horror.

Step-by-step here:

Step one: After a black undercoat, drybrush on a Orkhide Shade basecoat

2: After the Orkhide has dried, drybrush on a coat of Dark Angels Green.

3: Next on the agenda is a drybrush of Snot Green, to cap off the greens.


Now that that is over, we give it some dimension, wth the addition of Warlock Purple.
I apply it to the lower leg armour and to the elbow pads and to the hand plates, which can be seen in this pic

After that, details are applied. I paint the lenses and "laser rangefinders" in Blood Red. The Leathers recieved a drybrush of Graveyard Earth followed by anoter drybrush of Snakebite Leather. The magazines for the Bolt Pistols were painted in Boltgun Metal and the skull in the centre of the breastplate was drybrushed the same. The base was topped off with a drybrush of Codex Gray and some GW snow.



I also painted this fiesty Mister. A past member of the Ordo Xenos Deathwatch Teams.



Well that's all from me folks. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment